So, let’s talk Cyrstal Isles and rate changes for a bit shall we?
On the 25th, Wildcard will be doubling the rates for Harvesting, Taming, and XP gain. While we won’t be cutting XP gain in half, we will be reducing the cluster rates for harvesting and taming down to 3x. This won’t actually have any impact on your experience, as the new 3x rate will be the same as our current 6x rate, but we’re all about transparency here. Breeding will not be affected.
We have a specific methodology for bringing in new maps to the cluster. This is a product of the instability introduced every time they release a new map. This methodology changed with Genesis, where we restricted all transfers for 30 days. Our methodology is once again changing for Crystal Isles and will be detailed below.
Transfers will remain restricted. Historically we brought people over in groups to ensure there was no crashing and losing characters/items/dinos. A few dozen or more people transferring in and out, plus popping out loads of dinos, plus popping up loads of structures creates instability. The instability can lead to server crashes, which leads to rollbacks, which leads to upset players. With Genesis we killed transfers completely for 30 days, and it didn’t sit well. So, we’re going to try something different.
Dinos and Items
- Dinos: Each player will be permitted to bring over a single argent with a saddle—it’s a flyer and smithy, what’s not to like?. There will be a collection and retrieval process for this outlined later.
- The dino does not have to be snipped.
- You will need to furnish your own dino.
- Items: no gear, building pieces, or resources will be transferable on release.
The transfer restrictions will be in place for 15 days, running from August 25th through September 9th. On September 10th, transfer restrictions will be removed, barring any complications.
Collection and Retrieval
To have your dino moved to CI on the 25th, you will need to create a ticket and meet an admin at your server’s Community Center. The following is required before the admin will store and log your dino:
- The dino must be in a fully charged cryopod.
- One can be provided if you are an insufficient level to craft one, but will be collected during retrieval.
- The dino must be renamed to match your xbox live Gamertag exactly
- You must include a screenshot in your ticket showing the dino’s level and current experience, as well as a screenshot showing the lineage of the dino (in the event something goes wrong there are different processes for replacing either tamed or bred dinos)
- You must include your in-game character name, spelled exactly as it is in the game (including capitalization)
The collection period will run from today to 2100 (9 PM) central time on August 24th. No dinos will be accepted after that time, and there will be no exceptions.
To retrieve your dino once you’ve made it to Crystal Isles, you will respond to your ticket and an admin will teleport you to the retrieval site, give you your critter, and perhaps wish you well. We will not store dinos for more than 7 days, so you need to be timely in collecting them from us. We will destroy the cryofridges, and anything still inside of them, on September 2nd, so please be sure to collect your critters.
The server will be password protected for the duration of the restricted transfer period to ensure that the FTW community has the first crack at the map and isn’t inundated with Bobs. The server password will be announced on Discord when the server is ready for the community.